Barbera almost ready for harvest

Here’s some shots of the grapes from this past weekend. The sugar is about 16-18 Brix and the seeds haven’t turned completely brown yet. The acidity is still a bit high also, but they should be ready soon. The birds already thing they’re yummy.


I just noticed the first signs of purple are showing on a few clusters. This means the birds will soon take notice and will start having a picnick. Well, we can’t have that, so tomorrow we put on the bird netting that I bought last year (on special). I will try to take some photos…

Continue Reading →

2009 Wines

I have three different wines aging currently;  Mourvedre, Tempranillo, and Zinfandel. The Mourvedre was made from grapes grown by Bob Johnson at Colibri Vineyards. These were plump berries with good flavor and very few blemishes. I  extended maceration on this, pressing after 14 days. I used a combination of D80 and Syrah yeasts, in two…

Continue Reading →